Domestic Solid Waste Management Centre
Developed under a Design, Build, Operate Contract, the new Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) Facilities in Qatar has a capacity of 2,000 tons of municipal solid waste per day.
These facilities comprise the enhancement and integration of an existing transfer station, and a new domestic solid waste management centre, including recycling and sorting area, biological treatment area for composting biodegradable materials, an incineration plant and a lined solid waste landfill.
The ISWM Facility is supported by four new transfer stations.
Surbana Jurong was engaged by Qatar’s Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture to undertake the following scope of works:
- Post-contract consultancy during the design, supply, construction and completion of the facilities
- Verification of the contractors’ detailed design
- Site supervision
- Inspection and supervision of ISWM and transfer station construction works
- Documentation of progress
- Resolution of contractor queries