Asset Management Improvement Programme for Copper Producer
Our client operates six mines in Canada, Chile and the US and produces approximately 250 million pounds of copper, in excess of 115,000 ounces of gold, platinum and palladium and approximately 7 million pounds of nickel (during 2011).
As part of the Corporate Maintenance Strategy implementation program (designed in collaboration with us in early 2011), the client required a Maintenance Improvement program to be undertaken at three of its underground copper mining operations located in Canada.
This seven-month project focused on the key elements of the Corporate Maintenance Strategy to support the application of the Maintenance Improvement Strategy for the client’s global operations.
The key focus areas included organisation, communication, work management, business systems, reliability and materials management.
We facilitated a programme to support the culture change required for the short-term with a long-term focus. The program provided continuous support and coached employees in the key areas of planning, scheduling, reliability, sourcing and material logistics.
In collaboration with the client, we achieved:
- An increase of planned work from 39.5% to 47%
- An increase of scheduled work from 52% to 74%
- An increase in plant maintenance compliance from 53.5% to 66.3%
- Key maintenance performance indicators
- Customized maintenance and supply chain processes
- Defined roles and responsibilities for maintenance and supply chain personnel
- Improved integration maintenance and supply.