Former SJ Group CEO Wong Heang Fine and CEO SJ CityGlobal Nina Yang hosted an event for clients.
As the development management arm of Surbana Jurong, SJ CityGlobal undertakes the management of master developments and provides solutions in urban and infrastructure developments. The team works with land and building owners, from planning every process to managing the implementation of the project.
Started in 2019, SJ CityGlobal has garnered projects in Singapore, Australia, China, Vietnam and Kazakhstan despite the pandemic. These include:
(Above) A render of Springfield Idea City in Brisbane
- Springfield Idea City in Brisbane in Australia, designed to engage and encourage innovation, design, entrepreneurship, and artistic achievements. It has a strong research focus on commercialising innovation and is focused on the physical-digital fusion between old and new sectors of the economy.
- Heart of Bay Airport City in Shenzhen in South China, a key strategic project in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area Development Plan. Due to its strategic location, Shenzhen Airport plays an important role in serving as a regional transportation hub.
- The Ho Chi Minh City Agri-food Tech Township in Vietnam, envisioned to become the future suburban city centre linking Ho Chi Minh City with a new city. It will become a prime location combining technology-based agriculture, food processing parks and low-density premium housing.
- G4 City in Kazakhstan, which sits in an important corridor linking Almaty City to western China. Surbana Jurong Group was engaged to develop a structured, comprehensive, integrated and implementable Master Plan for G4 City. We were further engaged as the Development Manager to provide the positioning and conceptual design for the G4 City Urban Demonstration Gallery, Design Management and the promotion for the G4 City Project.
(Above) A render of the AETOS Eastern Base in Singapore
- The AETOS Eastern Base in Singapore, a one-stop hub comprising the AETOS training academy, various divisions of AETOS operations and its command centre operations.
The SJ CityGlobal team held a client event on 11 August at Gardens by the Bay, in connection with the SJ’s Building the Business of Sustainability event. The event was attended by clients from Kazakhstan, Laos and Cambodia, fund managers, asset managers, decision-makers from financial institutions and long-time working partners.
Ms Nina Yang, CEO SJ CityGlobal, shared that clients are not necessarily looking for design solutions. “They are seeking the why and what they should be investing or developing,” she said.